High Efficiency Toilets
The San Francisco Bay Area is one of the country’s leading innovators in environmental awareness. The city of San Francisco is known for their effort towards green solutions and general care for the planet. From the city’s extensive recycling program to its electric trains and hybrid buses, San Francisco really cares. Another amazing benefit it offers is rebates on high efficiency toilets.
Traditional toilets can use up to 5 gallons per flush. Whereas the new high efficiency units use 1.28 gallons per flush. The difference in water savings and carbon footprint is astronomical. By installing a new low flush toilet, you are having as much as 70% water with each flush! By replacing a toilet, you are actively doing such a huge part to save the planet and its resources.
How To Avoid A Clogged Toilet
- Use minimal amounts of toilet paper.
- Flush twice if necessary.
- Only flush water-soluble items.
- Do not flush wipes. Manufacturers claim they are flushable, but they truly are not. All the time we come across clogged toilets and sewers due to “flushable wipes”. They do not dissolve in the water like toilet paper. Obstruction causes them to sit there, eventually leading to an unwanted backup.
- Install childproof locks on seats. Children love to flush anything they can get their hands on down the toilet.
When To Replace Your Toilet
When your toilet is constantly needing repairs, it probably needs replacement. It is like having an old car that you end up having to keep fixing. Eventually you realize that it would be more cost efficient to purchase a new car altogether.
If you must plunge your toilet 3+ times a week due to it constantly clogging, it is time for a replacement.
If your toilet has the slightest crack in it, replace the unit immediately. Toilets have automatic fill valves in them. When they sense they are low on water, the fill valve will run. Therefore, if the crack in the porcelain becomes a leak, the toilet will spray water like an open spigot. This could cause terrible damage, and result in a potential catastrophe.
We've Got You Covered 24/7
For fast, friendly, and professional service, call GENTEEL PLUMBERS
We look forward to providing you with 5 STAR SERVICE!